Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lost Worlds: The Real Dracula

I was tired of waiting for the History Channel to air history on their network so I rented a DVD. The Series Lost Worlds. It's tag line is explore the past rebuilt in stunning detail. Using historians, archeologists, and local people they take a time in history and explore it. Using computer animation they recreate images as they were perceived to be at the time of the event. It also uses reenactments and situation room styled maps to put the full picture together. This is not the standard of the History Channel. They do not just have the talking head historians lecturing on this happen and then this happened and so on and so forth. This is how I think history should be. Taking multiple disciplines and combing them to create the best picture possible. This picture will of course change but for the moment Lost Worlds makes history comes alive. To see the buildings and the sights allows the audience to get a better picture. When you can see it, the history becomes real and not a story in the past. Below is a clip from the episode The Real Dracula the story of Romanian prince known as Vlad the Impaler.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great video, I caught some of this episode over the summer when I was on my lunch break from work. I;m glad that I'm able to catch a little bit more of it.

    ReplyDelete